Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Introductory Post

Hello World!  I have realized that I have not started my blog for my summer internship.  In case you were wondering my whereabouts, I have been on an excavation in Snyder, Texas through the Museum of Texas Tech for six weeks.  This allowed me to go straight into my internship through the Cincinnati Museum Center as an archaeology intern working in Newtown, Ohio on a Fort Ancient Native American site called the Hahn Site Field School.  Since early May, I have been volunteering two days a week (since the archaeology lab is only open Monday and Tuesday) cataloging and cleaning artifacts from previous field seasons in the Geier Center Collections Center for the Museum.  I took a leave for my excavation in Texas, and now I am a field technician student at the Hahn site.  Here, I am learning the various skills involved in excavating, screening, mapping, and other techniques needed in the field.  What I like about this internship is that it directly applies to what I want to study and how I want to apply my skills in the classroom and in this internship to the prospect of finding a job and contributing my knowledge to the world around me.  I can also post neat and interesting pictures on what we find at each site as well!  So stay tuned, world, for I will be keeping you on your toes with updates on what we find, what I learn, and the overall adventures involved in being an archaeology intern!

No comments:

Post a Comment